You Are Enough!

I think this is a great time to reflect on my summer as a student. I can honestly say that I was quite stressed for the last two weeks. There was a lot of work to be completed and I still want to make the most out of my summer. The feeling of I have not done anything with my summer is a thought that I continue to have.  At times, it is best to take a step back and consider what you have actually completed in a time period. 

This summer I have helped my dad renovate his upstairs (which included adding structural supports). I attended two concerts, Banners and One Republic. I read the Steven King book The Shining. During the week I played soccer on Wednesdays and I go to CrossFit 3-4 times a week. On my motorcycle, I went to Victoria Harbour, Devil's Punchbowl Falls, Albion falls, and many other adventures on the motorcycle. One of my passions is eating different foods. I went to Taste of Lawrence and the Taste of Danforth. Going camping is something I enjoy. I camped at Beausoleil Island and Wasaga Beach. Because I like to challenge my body, I ran the 5k Foam Fest and I am scheduled to do the Tough Mudder this weekend. After listing all of these things and realize that I am often too critical of myself. My life is surrounded by adventures and I seem to overlook a lot of things I do as not significant. I question if this thought of, not producing something tangible means that I am not doing anything, comes from a space of not being enough. All too often the media tries to sell items through pointing out people’s deficiencies and fear based promoting of products.


I was asked the question by a family member: how do I get into shape? My response surprised me. I told my family member that the first thing you should do is come from a place of YOU ARE ENOUGH, instead of a space of I am not enough. When a person comes from a place of being enough and wants to improve on their greatness that is when change happens. I will carry this thought in my classroom and get my students to reflect on the fact that they are enough. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rant

Reflections on my personality type.

My view on teaching and learning